If you have any questions regarding use of the Services, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.1 "Crypto Assets" means digital assets existing on one or more distributed ledgers that use cryptography to secure transfers, holdings, and the creation of new assets. Crypto Assets include, without limitation, Bitcoin, Ether, ERC20 tokens, Ripple, Bitcoin Cash, EOS, Stellar, Litecoin, Cardano, Tether, Monero, Tron, IOTA, NEO, Ethereum Classic, Tezos, Zcash, Binance Coin, and Dogecoin.
1.2 “Prohibited Location” means (a) the United States of America, Québec (Canada), and all other jurisdictions where services offered by BLADE are restricted and (b) Cuba, Crimea (including Sevastopol), Iran, Syria, North Korea, Venezuela, and any other country/territory subject to comprehensive trade sanctions or embargoes imposed by the United States, the European Union, the United Nations, or any other jurisdiction whose economic sanctions laws and regulations apply to the use.
1.3. "Position" means the aggregate funds you have invested in a given contract or instrument on the Platform, including amounts invested at different times and/or at different leverage ratios.
1.4 “Prohibited Person” means anyone: identified on or otherwise subject to the sanctions imposed by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control through the List of Specially Designated Nationals or Blocked Persons (“SDN List”) or any other U.S. government list of restricted or denied persons, including the U.S. Commerce Department’s Entity, Denied Persons, or Unverified Lists; on sanctions lists administered by or otherwise subject to designation by the European Union or its Member States; sanctioned by the United Nations Security Council; ; organized under the laws of, ordinarily resident in, operating from, or part of the government of a Prohibited Location (as described in Clause 1.1(b) ); sanctioned by any other jurisdiction whose economic laws and regulations apply to the use; or prohibited from engaging in any type of trading platforms by any law enforcement agencies.
2. Use of the Services.
2.1 In order to use the Services, you must:
- (b) have not been previously suspended or removed from the Services;
- (d) not be a Prohibited Person;
- (e) not be trading in a currency with which U.S. persons is prohibited from dealing or for which non-U.S. persons could be sanctioned for dealing pursuant to U.S. economic sanctions laws and regulations, such as any Venezuelan digital currencies or currencies of Prohibited Locations as described in Clause 1.1(b); and
- (f) be the legal owner of any Crypto Assets added to your trading account or cash account and have derived those Crypto Assets from a lawful source.
2.2 You shall not:
- (a) engage in or facilitate market manipulation (including, for example, spoofing orders) through the Services;
- (b) engage in web scraping or otherwise systematically collect any data from the Site, whether manually or by use of a programming routine, without BLADE’s express consent;
- (c) attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs incorporated in or used to operate or deliver the Services;
- (d) interfere with the operation of the Services, and you will not introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful into the Services;
- (e) attempt to undermine the security or integrity of the Services or gain unauthorized access to the computer system, server or database on which the Services are hosted;
- (f) use the Services for any unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law, including without limitation to pay for, support or otherwise engage in any illegal activities, including fraud, money-laundering or funding terrorism, or in any manner that would cause a violation of or imposition of sanctions under economic sanctions laws and regulations;
- (g) display, redistribute, sublicense, publicly perform, or create derivative works from the Services or any content provided therein; or
2.3 You represent and warrant that:
- (a) using the Services does not constitute a breach of any laws in the jurisdiction where you reside, are a citizen or conduct business;
- (b) you are aware of the risks associated with using the Services, which include but are not limited to the fact that you may lose all of the Crypto Assets in your trading account;
- (c) if you are registering to use the Services on behalf of a legal entity, such legal entity is duly organized and validly existing under the applicable laws of the jurisdiction of its organization, and you are duly authorized by such legal entity to act on its behalf;
- (d) all the information and documentation that you provide to BLADE is correct, current and complete;
- (e) you are not a Prohibited Person and will not use the Services from a Prohibited Location; and
- (f) you own all right, title, and interest in the Crypto Assets that you use to fund your account(s) on the Services, you own and have full control over any blockchain address from which you send or receive Crypto Assets to BLADE, and you will not attempt to use another individual’s blockchain address without authorization.
2.4 You acknowledge that:
- (a) Trading derivatives entails counterparty risk, meaning the risk that a party that enters into a derivatives contract will be unable to make a payment obligation under the contract. If the market moves against your Position and you do not have sufficient funds allocated to margin for your Position to meet the required maintenance margin, we have the right to liquidate your Position and all margin supporting it. IF YOU FAIL TO MEET THE MARGIN REQUIREMENTS FOR ANY POSITION AND WE LIQUIDATE YOUR POSITION, YOU WILL LOSE THE ENTIRETY OF THE POSITION AND ALL MARGIN FUNDS ALLOCATED TO OR SUPPORTING THAT POSITION, INCLUDING MARGIN FOR BOTH OPEN INTEREST AND OPEN ORDERS IN THE POSITION. Any such funds that are not necessary to cover amounts owed for the liquidated Position will be deposited in a fund (the “Fund”) that may be used to compensate parties to other (unrelated) trades on the Platform that would otherwise suffer losses where a trading counterparty’s margin is inadequate to cover its obligations, or otherwise used to offset losses of Platform participants that are beyond the participants’ control. You will be liable for any deficit if your margin is inadequate to cover your payment obligations for such a Position.
- (b) We may make available the option to link funds in your trading account that are not otherwise allocated to margin for a Position (“Unallocated Funds”) to one or more Positions for purposes of satisfying such Positions’ maintenance margin requirements. Such linkage is called “Cross Margining.” If you elect for Cross Margining and funds specifically allocated as margin for an applicable Position prove insufficient, then amounts necessary to meet the maintenance margin for the Position will be deducted from your Unallocated Funds. If you have sufficient Unallocated Funds to cover the maintenance margin requirement for the Position, the Position will not be liquidated as provided in subparagraph 2.4(a), above. However, if you elect for Cross Margining and you do not have sufficient Unallocated Funds to meet the maintenance margin requirement for a Position, the Position and all Unallocated Funds in your trading account will be subject to the process set forth in subparagraph 2.4(a), above (with the Unallocated Funds constituting margin for the Position).
- (c) If the margin posted by a counterparty to any of your trades is deemed inadequate, we may close the trade. In such event, neither positive nor negative returns that you otherwise would have earned in the period following cancellation will accrue.
- (d) While BLADE will endeavor to match and execute orders in accordance with its published practices, specifications, and order types, errors may nonetheless arise and BLADE will have no liability whatsoever for any such errors.
- (e) We reserve the right to request certain identifying information from you and we may restrict your access to the Services until such information is provided, and, without limiting the foregoing, we reserve the right at any time to verify your identity for purposes of complying with the Seychelles Anti-Money Laundering Act 2006.
- (g) Your account is personal to you or your company, and is for the legal benefit of the same, and you agree not to provide any other person with access to the Services using your email address, password or other authentication credentials.
- (h) It is your responsibility to determine what, if any, taxes apply to the trades you complete via the Services, and it is your responsibility to report and remit the correct tax to the appropriate tax authority. You agree that BLADE is not responsible for determining whether taxes apply to your trades or for collecting, reporting, withholding or remitting any taxes arising from any trades.
- (i) You will notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your email address or password or any other breach of security. You will also use caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other sensitive information.
- (k) We have the right to disable or block any third-party applications or services that interact with the Services at any time for any reason, and, at our request, you shall immediately cease operating any such third-party applications or services under your control.
- (l) If we determine that you are a Prohibited Person, reside in a Prohibited Location, or otherwise have given a false representation as to your identity, location or place of residence, we reserve the right to close your account(s) immediately.
- (m) BLADE may disclose any or all information it has regarding you or your account(s) if required or requested by a court of law, governmental agency or any other law enforcement authority, if BLADE deems it appropriate in its sole discretion.
- (n) Your use of the Services is at your own risk and BLADE is not liable for any damage or harm arising out of your use of the Services.
- (o) While BLADE attempts to secure its systems against intrusion, BLADE cannot guarantee that all Crypto Assets that BLADE holds on your behalf (e.g., in your trading and cash accounts) will not be stolen or destroyed due to a cyber-intrusion or otherwise. In such event, BLADE (a) will have no liability whatsoever to you or any other party and (b) will distribute any partial loss from a digital wallet with commingled Crypto Assets across Platform participants’ accounts as determined by BLADE in its sole discretion.
- (p) Third parties from time to time create new blockchain networks that assign Crypto Assets on the new blockchain to public addresses in a pre-existing blockchain (each such event, a “Fork”). To the extent any Crypto Assets BLADE holds for you in connection with the Services reside on a blockchain subject to a Fork, BLADE has the sole discretion and authority to decide which Forked blockchain(s) to support. If BLADE does not support a Forked blockchain, you will have no right or claim whatsoever to any Crypto Assets on such blockchain at the addresses(es) corresponding to address(es) on the pre-existing blockchain on which your Crypto Assets are held in custody by BLADE. You understand that BLADE will generally not support most Forked blockchains, in particular Forks of Bitcoin, and that a Fork may reduce the value of the Crypto Assets on any blockchain that BLADE does support. BLADE will have no liability whatsoever to you for any losses relating to a Fork.
- (q) We may from time to time introduce or remove contracts available for trading on the Platform. When we remove a contract, we will take measures to sunset outstanding perpetual contracts, which may include without limitation introducing expiration dates to outstanding perpetual contracts. If you have such a trade, it will automatically terminate on the introduced expiration date.
- (r) BLADE may liquidate any Positions at any time, in any manner, and at any price determined by BLADE in its sole discretion.
3. Trading Accounts
3.1 Account Security
Once you are registered to use the Services, you will be responsible for all activities and events associated with your username and password and bear all the legal liability directly or indirectly caused by the use of this email address. You are responsible for keeping, protecting and safeguarding any keys, certificates, passwords, access codes, names or other authentication credentials (collectively, “Passwords”) that have been provided to you or that are generated in connection with your use of the Services. If you lose your Passwords, you may not be able to access your accounts. You agree to notify BLADE immediately of any unauthorized use of your Passwords. BLADE will not be responsible for any liabilities, losses, or damages arising out of the unauthorized use of your Passwords.
3.2 Account Funding and Withdrawals
In order to complete an order or trade on the Platform, you must first load Crypto Assets to your trading account. It is your responsibility to provide us with correct details, including your withdrawal address. BLADE excludes all liability for any incorrect transactions that result from incorrect or outdated information provided by you or on your behalf.
3.3 Account Closure
You may close your accounts at any time. Closing an account will not affect any rights and obligations incurred prior to the date of account closure. You may be required to either cancel open orders or close open interests and the Crypto Assets remaining in your account will be transferred back to the funding address. You are responsible for any fees, costs, expenses, charges, or obligations (including, but not limited to, attorney and court fees or transfer costs of Crypto Assets) associated with the closing of your account. In the event that the costs of closing of your account exceed the value in your account, you will be responsible for reimbursing us. You may not close any of your accounts to avoid paying any fees otherwise due or to avoid any examination by regulatory authorities.
3.4 Account Review, Suspension and Termination
Once executed, you accept that your trades on the Platform are final and irreversible; however, BLADE has the right to reverse trades or adjust prices of trades that it regards as being traded at abnormal prices far away from the price level to be expected from an orderly market. We may at our discretion halt trading on the Platform due to market disruption, connectivity problems of the Crypto Asset networks, hacker attacks, force majeure, or other events. We exclude all liability for any claimed losses or profits lost as a result of us halting trading.
3.6 Service Fees
The current fees information for BLADE is available here. BLADE has the right to adjust any fees and commissions at any time in its sole discretion. Unless otherwise stated or agreed upon, the user agrees that BLADE has the right to deduct the cost of Services directly from the assets of your account(s).
4. Risk Disclosures
4.1 Trading Involves Risk
- (a) The risk of loss in trading Crypto Assets can be substantial and can be enhanced by levered derivatives such as those available for trading on the Platform. Consider whether such trading is appropriate for you in light of your financial condition.
- (b) The value of derivatives traded on the Platform and underlying Crypto Assets can be volatile. In addition, the use of leverage can work against you as well as for you and can lead to large losses as well as gains.
- (c) Cryptocurrency trading also has special risks not shared with official currencies or goods or commodities in a market, and cryptocurrencies are susceptible to bubbles or loss of confidence, which could collapse demand relative to supply.
4.2 Internet Transmission Risk
There are risks associated with utilizing an Internet-based trading system including, but not limited to, the failure of hardware, software, and Internet connections. You acknowledge that BLADE will not be responsible for any losses that may arise from errors or delays in communications between you and the Platform, or your inability to access the Services for any reason (whether or not the fault of BLADE). We do not guarantee the Services are free of viruses or other potentially harmful programs or content.
4.3 No Investment Advice
At no time should any information provided via the Services be construed as financial advice. BLADE does not provide any opinion on the merits of any particular investment, and all pricing and other data is provided for informational purposes only rather than as a recommendation or opinion as to the intrinsic value of any asset.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties
5.1 Disclaimer of Warranties
- (a) THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, AND YOU WAIVE, ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AS TO OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, CONTENT AND MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN.
- (b) WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, BLADE DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT IT WILL BE SUITABLE FOR YOUR PURPOSES OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE; THAT THE INFORMATION PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT ORDERS WILL BE EXECUTED AT ANY GIVEN PRICE OR THAT THE EXECUTION OR MATCHING OF ORDERS WILL BE ERROR-FREE; THAT ANY INFORMATION YOU STORE ON THE SERVICES WILL BE RETAINED; THAT DIGITAL ASSETS WE HOLD IN YOUR ACCOUNTS WILL NOT BE LOST OR STOLEN (BY HACKING OR OTHERWISE); THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICES WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION. BLADE IS NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH INTERFERENCE THAT PREVENTS YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
- (a) As between you and BLADE, all intellectual property rights relating to all the material used on the Site or as part of the Services—including, but not limited to, design, structure, layouts, graphical images, software, technology and underlying source code—belongs to BLADE, its licensors or other providers of such material. No right or interest in the Services is conveyed to you other than the limited licenses expressly granted herein.
- (b) You must not reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, or republish any of the material on the Site or obtained from the Services without BLADE’s express consent; except that you may republish limited excerpts from the Site on an ad hoc basis for non-commercial use, as long as no alterations of the material are made. For clarity, if we provide desktop, mobile or other native applications for download, you may download copies of the application software for your own devices and you may not redistribute such software.
- (c) The “BLADE” name, BLADE logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks, service marks, trade names, or trade dress of BLADE or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks in commerce without the prior written permission of BLADE, and in any event all goodwill arising from the use of such marks will inure to the benefit of BLADE or its applicable affiliates or licensors.
6.2 License Grants
- (b) By submitting content to the Services, you grant BLADE a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to display, store, redistribute, create derivative works from, sublicense (through multiple tiers), and otherwise use such content worldwide in any form or manner and for any purpose. By submitting any content to the Services you warrant that you are entitled to and have all necessary intellectual property rights over that content.
7. Limitation On Liability
In no event shall the liability of BLADE for any claim (or series of related claims) exceed the fees paid by you to BLADE during the 6 months immediately preceding the date of the accrual of the claim (or initial claim) giving rise to such liability. OTHERWISE, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, BLADE, ITS LICENSORS, ITS AFFILIATES AND THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, (I) INCLUDING ALL DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES, (II) WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, AND (III) WHETHER OR NOT ANY OR ALL SUCH PARTIES WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE.
9.1 Consent to Electronic Communications
You consent to receiving communications, agreements, documents, receipts, notices and disclosures (collectively, “Communications”) relating to the Services from BLADE electronically. BLADE may provide these Communications to you by posting them to the Site or via the Services, or by emailing them to you at the email address you provide. You should maintain copies of any electronic Communications as BLADE will not provide hard copies of such Communications unless required by applicable laws to do so.
9.2 Responsibility to Update Information
It is your responsibility to keep your email address on file with BLADE up to date so that BLADE can communicate with you electronically. If BLADE sends you an electronic Communication but you do not receive it because your email address on file is incorrect, you will be deemed to have received the Communication for all purposes of these Terms of Service.
10.1 Dispute Resolution and Binding Arbitration
ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN YOU AND US ARISING FROM OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY AND FINALLY BY BINDING ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS, YOU AND BLADE WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO LITIGATE CLAIMS IN A COURT OR BEFORE A JURY, AMONG OTHER RIGHTS THAT MAY BE UNAVAILABLE OR LIMITED IN ARBITRATION. You and BLADE agree that you will notify each other of any dispute and that you will attempt informal resolution of a dispute prior to any demand for arbitration. If attempts to informally resolve the dispute fail, it shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the LCIA Rules, which Rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The seat, or legal place, of arbitration shall be London, England. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings shall be English. The arbitrator will have exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to arbitrability and/or enforceability of this arbitration provision, including any unconscionability challenge or any other challenge that the arbitration provision or the agreement is void, voidable, or otherwise invalid. The arbitrator will be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in court under law or in equity. Any award of the arbitrator will be final and binding on each of the parties, and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction.
10.3 Links from the Site
If the Services contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. This includes links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources, and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to the Site, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites
10.4 Governing Law
10.5 Waiver and Severability
10.6 Entire Agreement